An Under the counter water heater is a small appliance for instant water heating at home or office, at the point of service. Also known as instant water heaters for sink, they can save you lots of water, energy and cash when properly installed and used. The appliance is usually installed in kitchen sections or bathroom, under the sink or counter, for easy access and operation.
A good under the sink water heater comes with lots of benefits for those who make use of it. One of the greatest advantages is that they provide instant hot water to the distant fixtures, therefore, shortening the wait time. This way you don't have to run long pipes from the central water heater; just plug this small water heater close to the faucet and enjoy an instant delivery.
Buying an instant water heater for sink brings the following benefits:
- It reduces your heating cost up to 50% and reduces used energy and water waste.
- The unit saves you money as it eliminates the need for expensive recirculating lines or pumps.
- Under sink water heater saves water efficiently as it is used where it is needed, at the point of use; kitchen sink, bathroom, laundry, garage, small cabins, boats and RVs, offices...
- Under the sink water heater serves one or two faucets max. mainly for doing dishes, hand washing or shaving.
- Under sink water heater is a small, lightweight and compact unit that doesn't occupy too much of the space.
- It’s easy to install since it comes with the quick installation guide.
- They can be wall mounting or floor standing.
- Under sink water heater is very reliable, safe and energy efficient.
- It has a compact body and other easy-to-use features.
- They offer safety feature for reliable and safe operation.
- Desired temperature of the outgoing water can be set by using the temperature dial.
Buying and Installation tips
When looking for a quality under sink water heater to buy, you need to go for the popular brands that have a long tradition that usually come with quality features. The most important criteria when selecting the right mini water heater are:
- Water flow rate (bathroom faucet allows an average 0.5 gpm; shower 1.5 to 3.0 gpm).
- Incoming water temperature.
- Activation flow rate.
- Heating power in kW.
- Available features such as the modulation, conveniently located thermostat, relief valve for safety.
- Price and warranty.
They are available in various online shops. Buying the appliance is one thing, but installing is another different ball game. Here’s a quick general installation guide for most models.
- Get the place you want to install the appliance ready. The unit should be mounted closer to the fixture; under the sink, under the countertop or in the cabinet. Make sure to allow proper clearance for correct draining, maintenance and service.
- Gather your installation tools; required tools are usually recommended in the manufacturer's manual: adjustable wrench, screwdrivers, level...
- Prepare and remove all the necessary plumbing components.
- Follow the quick installation guide in the manual that comes with the appliance. Designate electrical outlet might be needed. Follow the steps for plumbing connections.
- The water heater should have T&P valve installed.
- Remove all debris and air. You have to do this after filling the appliance with water. You have to run the faucet for some minutes in order to get rid any air bubble in the water heater. Never put the heater ON unless you have filled it with water. If you do, serious damage might result.
Visit the link below to view addition information on our Eccotemp Mini Tank Water Heaters.