RapidFix is an advanced polymer adhesive that can quickly - sometimes instantly - bond most materials to themselves or another material. The welding powder is a complementary formulation that enables even stronger bonds, and can repair holes, cracks, and gaps. For some applications, the welding powder can even function like solder or traditional heat welding. Areas treated with RapidFix can be filed, sanded, and painted almost immediately. RapidFix can even repair a porous aluminum casting on a cars water pump that has suffered a broken mount.
The repair is simple:
1) Saturate one side of the break with RapidFix
2) Press the parts together and hold for a few moments
3) Saturate the seam with RapidFix a second time
4) Immediately add the welding powder
5) Repeat steps #3-#4 around the joint
6) Wipe off the excess welding powder
*This product is recommended for damage to heat exchanger due to outside causes such as force or freezing. This fix is not guaranteed, and does not restore your warranty once your water heater has been damaged by a outside cause.